Polyimide Film for Harsh Environments
Dunmore offers coating, metalizing, laminating and perforating services for polyimide film. Polyimide films are used in applications where reliable, durable performance is required, often in harsh environments. It also can be engineered and converted to meet particular physical requirements for mechanical, electrical, temperature and chemical properties. Dunmore is one of the leading converters of polymide film in the world.
DuPont™ Kapton® Film Converting
Dunmore is proficient at coating and metalizing polyimide film on one side or both sides, in different thicknesses, created to customer specification. Typical coatings are:
- Print receptive
- Aluminum coated Kapton® film
- Indium tin oxide (ITO)
- Corrosion Resistant
Compared to polyester (PET) film, polyimide film is about ten times more expensive. Because of that, yield during converting is a big consideration. Dunmore's efficient web handling capabilities in converting polyimide film ensure minimal scrap and higher yield.
Polyimide Film Industries and Applications
Polyimide film is typically used in industries such as:
- Aerospace - The Kapton® film is converted and layered together to make multi-layer insulation.
- Automotive / Industrial - Polyimide films have excellent mechanical, electrical, temperature and chemical resistance making them optimal for demanding industries where performance is critical or harsh exposure conditions exist.
- Electronics - Polyimide film is the optimal substrate for high temperature applications like the electronics industry.
- Labeling - Polyimide film, with the right printable coating applied, makes an excellent choice for labels used in harsh environments.
Polyimide film is used in applications where reliable, durable performance is required, often in harsh environments. It also can be engineered and converted to meet particular physical requirements for mechanical, electrical, temperature and chemical properties.
Contact Us Polyimide Film Converting
Please contact us for more information on contract manufacturing/converting services for polyimide film.