DUN-SOLAR™ Specialty Backsheets
DUN-SOLAR PPE+ High Voltage
The pressure to improve PV efficiencies is challenging designers to increase power per string. The more modules connected, the more voltage created with lowered overall cost. These higher voltage systems require modules that can support the extra electrical load. Backsheets, a critical dielectric component, have a direct impact on the power that can be handled by the PV module. DUNMORE DUN-SOLAR PPE+ High Voltage (HV) is engineered to meet the needs of high voltage photovoltaic systems. PPE+ HV and tested for use in 1500 volt partial discharge applications.
DUN-SOLAR PPE+ White Bifacial
Bifacial solar modules are typically constructed with glass on both sides to encapsulate the module. DUNMORE is proud to introduce a new white bifacial backsheet to improve the overall performance of your module, unlike solar glass materials. The newly designed white bifacial backsheet increases the power generated by the cell through diffused reflectance to the front side and backside of the cell. DUNMORE’s white bifacial backsheet provides an additional 2.5% - 3.5% more power to the cell. The PPE+ white bifacial backsheet is a great candidate for your next solar module design if you are looking to separate yourself from the competition.
DUN-SOLAR PPE+ Ultra-clear
DUN-SOLAR PPE+ Ultra-clear backsheets are ideal for building integrated photovoltaic applications. As technology continues to disrupt convention, the building industry is no different. Traditional building materials are being replaced by energy generating PV technologies. Building elements like skylights, facades, roofs and aesthetic design components are no longer passive design considerations but active contributors energy savings. Building designers are now able to generate clean energy with beautiful architecture.
DUN-SOLAR PPE+ Ultra-clear is a polyethylene terephthalate based product that provides superb electrical, physical thermal and barrier properties. PPE+ Ultra-clear sets the standard for transparency of clear photovoltaic backsheets.
DUN-SOLAR PPE Desert+
DUN-SOLAR PPE Desert+ backsheets are designed for high abrasion, arid environments and tested against a grueling corundum sandblasting test. The sandblasting test simulates the extreme exposure of the backsheet to particulates, which makes it the ideal choice for solar module installations in desert conditions.
- Highest abrasion durability
- Top results in sandblasting test
- 2000 hour damp heat test
- High reflection
- Double temperature cycle test
- 100 kwh/m2 UV testing by ISE
DUN-SOLAR EPE has been developed to be used as a electrical insulator and physical spacer in critical areas inside of photovoltaic modules. Our product shows excellent adhesion to EVA and between the single layers of the laminate. It has been developed especially to be used in combination with our PPE+ backsheet products. EPE electrical insulator is a multilayered, symmetric laminate available in black, white, and clear. All of DUNMORE’s EPE backsheet products are UL certified.
Military Spec UFGS 26 31 00 TPT Backsheet
DUNMORE designed our Mil Spec TPT backsheet in conjunction with Unified Facilities Guide Specifications (UFGS) 26 31 00 Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Components. The specification requires a tri-layer construction with a minimum thickness of 250 microns / 9.8 mils with outer layers of polyvinyl fluoride (PVF) and inner layer of polyester for crystalline-silicon modules with a maximum system voltage of 1000 VDC. DUN-SOLAR TPT was designed specifically to meet UFGS Specification 26 31 00.
DUN-SOLAR Backsheet Technical Properties Summary
- UV Stability - no visible change after a high performance UV-Stress testing (IEC 61215)
- Superb electrical properties & thermal properties
- Superb barrier properties
- High white degree
- High reflective properties: up to 93% at 380 - 780 nm / 85% at 380 - 1200 nm
- Shelf life - 12 months (maintained in original packaging) at 59-77°F (15-25°C) and 30-70% relative humidity
- Standard colors available: white, black, white / black, clear; custom colors on request
Benefits of Using DUN-SOLAR PV Backsheets
- Improved module efficiency through optimized reflectance characteristics
- Excellent stability under damp heat and freeze-thaw conditions
- Superior bond strength across environmental extremes
- Robust bond to EVA encapsulant and POE encapsulant
- Chemically resistant
- Flatness of PV backsheet materials - minimizes waste and improves processing
DUNMORE is one of the world's leading manufacturers of photovoltaic backsheets, with credentials that include:
- DUN-SOLAR PPE+ backsheets are UL recognized under file QIHE2, Photovoltaic Polymeric Materials-Component.
- All DUN-SOLAR backsheets are certified by TÜV for Partial Discharge. Their low shrinkage in vacuum lamination provides bubble and wrinkle-free modules.
- DUNMORE's ISO 9001:2008 certified manufacturing facilities ensure that products and systems meet the high quality standards required by the photovoltaic industry.
Contact Us to learn how DUN-SOLAR Specialty Backsheets can Deliver Against your Performance Needs
Please Contact Us for more information on all polyester construction DUN-SOLAR specialty backsheets for solar module manufacturing.