DUN-SOLAR™ TPE Backsheets
DUNMORE is one of the world's leading manufacturers of photovoltaic backsheets used in the production of solar panels. DUN-SOLAR™ backsheets are available in various constructions, and the DUN-SOLAR TPE backsheet is a proven and reliable backsheet component used by many solar module manufacturers. DUN-SOLAR TPE backsheets have a high performance three layer construction with a Tedlar® polyvinyl fluoride (PVF) layer applied to a polyester core and a PE film for superb electrical, physical, thermal and barrier properties.
DUN-SOLAR TPE backsheets protect PV modules from UV, moisture and weather while insulating the electrical load of the modules, which can operate up to 1000 VDC. These DUN-SOLAR TPE capabilities are essential for functionality and longevity of the photovoltaic modules and safety of people who work with and near the PV module.
DUN-SOLAR TPE Construction
DUN-SOLAR TPE is a DuPont™ Tedlar®-based product. Tedlar® is traditionally well-regarded for its fluorinated film performance. DUN-SOLAR TPE is a multi-layered film lamination designed to be used as the backsheet for photovoltaic solar panels. It acts as a durable protective barrier for the electronic components found in solar panels.
- Outer Layer - DuPont™ Tedlar® polyvinyl fluoride (PVF) film
- Core - Polyester (PET) core
- Inner Layer - Adhesion-promoting PE film
- Adhesives to join the core and inner layer
This construction is specifically engineered for use in photovoltaic backsheet applications requiring superb electrical, physical, thermal and barrier properties.
DUN-SOLAR TPE Technical Properties Summary
- UV Stability - no visible change after a high performance UV-Stress testing (IEC 61215)
- Excellent electrical properties
- Superb thermal properties
- Excellent barrier properties
- Fluorinated layer applied to PET film
- Shelf life - 12 months (maintained in original packaging) at 59-77°F (15-25°C) and 30-70% relative humidity
- Three standard colors available: white, black and grey; custom colors on request
Benefits of Using DUN-SOLAR TPE
- Improved module efficiency through optimized reflectance characteristics
- Excellent stability under damp heat and freeze-thaw conditions
- Superior bond strength across environmental extremes
- Superb "tear" bond to EVA
- Easily cleanable
- Chemically resistant
DUNMORE Corporation is one of the world's leading manufacturers of photovoltaic backsheets, with credentials that include:
- DUN-SOLAR TPE backsheets are UL recognized under file QIHE2, Photovoltaic Polymeric Materials-Component.
- All DUN-SOLAR backsheets are certified by TÜV for Partial Discharge. Their low shrinkage in vacuum lamination provides bubble and wrinkle-free modules.
- DUNMORE's ISO 9001:2008 certified manufacturing facilities ensure that products and systems meet the high quality standards required by the photovoltaic industry.
Contact Us for DUN-SOLAR TPE Backsheets
Please Contact Us for more information on DuPont™ Tedlar®-based DUN-SOLAR TPE backsheets for solar module manufacturing.
Improve Your Backsheet Qualification Process
The supply chain risk evaluator is an easy to use tool that will ensure you are choosing a supplier that can deliver a PV backsheet that will last for 25 years.