Web Handling Proficiency in Contract Manufacturing Services
DUNMORE Corporation is a leading contract manufacturer for flexible web substrates. Our web handling proficiency comes from our equipment, processes and most importantly, our people. With some of the most advanced web handling equipment in the world, DUNMORE specializes in web handling for a wide range of film thicknesses, from 18ga (4.5 micron) to over 1500ga (375 microns). The web handling services offered include metalizing, coating and laminating.
Gemini Web Handling Equipment
With the recent addition of DUNMORE's new Gemini film converting equipment, its web handling capabilities are greatly expanded.
Web Handling Capabilities
DUNMORE provides comprehensive web handling services, including:
- Coating - Duplex coating/Coated two sides/C2S and Coated one side/C1S
- Metalizing - Aluminum and other metals on a variety of substrates
- Surface Treating
- Corona Treatment
- Plasma Treatment
- Pilot Services - to support customer R&D efforts
DUNMORE specializes in fully customized web handling, utilizing its advanced web handling equipment with a variety of roller configurations to execute each contract manufacturing job to customer specification. Our ability to process a wide range of materials comes, in part, from our web handling roller configurations, which include:
- Non contact web cleaning
- Contact web cleaning
- Speed / Tension control
Web Handling Information and Resources
Web handling is a term that with a long history, going back to paper roll handling where the paper fibers were the "web" in "web handling". According to Oklahoma State University's Web Handling Research Center, "the term web is used to describe thin materials which are manufactured and processed in a continuous, flexible strip form. Web materials cover a broad spectrum from extremely thin plastics to paper, textiles, metals, and composites."
Information about web handling and related topics is available at these online resources:
- Association of International Metallizers, Coaters and Laminators (AIMCAL), and AIMCAL's Web Coating and Handling Conferences
- AIMCAL's Converting Quarterly, including DUNMORE's CQ Buyers Guide Profile
- AIMCAL's Converting School
- Oklahoma State University's Web Handling Research Center
- Wikipedia's Web (manufacturing) topic